Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why did Jesus Christ die for our sins?

46 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

He didn't.  He suffered an infinite punishment for sin in the quiet hours before his arrest. 

He died so that he could resurrect himself (and all of us, too) into tangible, physical life, health, and immortality.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To give us the opportunity to repent of our sins and be given salvation.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because God loves His children, and like any good parent, did what was necessary to ensure happiness for His beloved children.

• 1 month ago

BECAUSE we would have been lost forever never to be forgiven.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The Bible’s answer Jesus died so that humans could have their sins forgiven and receive endless life. (Romans 6:​23; Ephesians 1:7) Jesus’ death also proved that a human can remain loyal to God even when faced with the severest of tests.​—Hebrews 4:​15. Consider how the death of one man could accomplish so much.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

So you would have the hope of everlasting life. 

• 1 month ago

Given God's righteousness and holiness, all sin HAS to be punished. That means no sinner can avoid punishment for their sin. They cannot do anything to "pay" for it themselves (thus avoiding punishment.) Psalm 49:7-14 No bribes allowed, for bribery is sin in itself. Not even an attempt to exchange with equal equivalence will work as "No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him. The ransom for a life is costly. No payment is ever enough" as it states in that Psalm.

Given God's law of exact justice ("An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"), how then could that Psalm add, "But God will redeem my life from the grave [death being the wage FOR sin, not an exchange or ransom]. HE will surely take me to himself" ?

By God incarnating through the Son, who would bear the punishment for all sin, yet, being sinless could not receive death as a wage, so Death could not rightly hold Him. The Son of God had to be fully human to fully represent all humanity, and He had to be fully God to have the magnitude of deity to be equivalent to all sin ever committed before, during and after His time as the man, Jesus. Love was the motivation, for God could have left us sinners to stew in our own juice. That is both why, and how Christ alone can die for sinners.

• 1 month ago

Your question is worded as if you claim that Jesus died for man's sins; sorry to awaken you to reality, but the story is about another man and not anything spiritual.  The NT Jesus character is totally fiction, but the story is a comic parody of the war of 66~70 CE  Study that story and think. It refers to a man of Roman authority, and he did not die in the story nor in the war but, a few years after the war he became Roman Emperor whom believers have worshiped for about 2,000 years.  Seems that believers need to learn a little about their god and the NT story; his name was Titus Flavius, Vespasian's first son.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He did it because of His amazing love for us. Rom. 5:8 says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

This is how I understand it. To TAKE AWAY our sins FROM US by being washed from them by the BLOOD of Jesus Christ. So when do I get washed from them before or after I die? Get the picture?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.