Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Does the cause behind the riot matter to you? What could've been done different to prevent these riots?

I keep seeing people compare the blm riots to the attack on the capitol, but the reasoning behind these riots are very different. 

The Minnesota riot happened because of the death of George Floyd, but Minneapolis wasn't burned down because the police killed one black man. There were numerous instances of black men being killed by cops long before George Floyd died and many protests were held for those murders as well. If American citizens are repeatedly murdered by police officers and no one does anything about it, then what is the right course of action to take? 

The attack on the capitol happened because people didn't agree with the results of an election. They were told by then president Donald Trump that the election results were rigged by the Democratic party. They were told their votes didn't count because the election was stolen from them. Regardless of what Trump said during his speech on Jan 6th, the raid on the capitol happened because people were told by our president that the American government could not be trusted. 

I'm not sure what caused the Portland riots and protests. Those people have been protesting for months and I'm not sure anyone knows why. I tried to understand what was happening there, but it seems to me like they are protesting everything. The last time I checked they were protesting a bookstore for selling a book they didn't like the content of. If anyone can shed light on wtf is happening in Portland, please share. 

• Kathy

Yes it does matter to me. They should have removed Trump out of office when he was impeached the first time.

• Jerome

Of course the cause matter.

It matters to cons too. Whether they will admit it or not.

When you oppressed someone humanity it upsets humans.

When you oppressed someone privileges it upsets the privileged.....🤔

the difference in actions of the so called public. BLM riots had a worldly trait. Attack on the capital has a nationalistic trait.

Simple as abc.....lol

It'd be nice if there was consistency with both parties. People who supported and encouraged the BLM/ANTIFA protests over the summer that burned buildings and looted businesses are the same people who were venomously against the Capitol building protest, and vice versa.

Either violent protests are OK or they're not OK.

You're basicly saying its ok to riot if a black criminal gets shot, but when election fraud occurs, how dare anyone protest. 

• Dze

lol .. your making an excuse for violence that destroyed cop cars, killed a few cops, burned 'federal' buildings, businesses beat people up .. constantly ongoing for months ...  so .. no they were VERY different almost nothing was destroyed in the capital 'riot' which was just an 'actual' protest .. and yes it did threaten the dem power grab .. that was the whole point einstein ..