Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

If you are convicted of a sex crime in the UK or British overseas territory such as Channel islands are you Subject to register in the US?

I was just curious like say if you visited or lived there and you were charged with a sex crime and convicted of it over there, If you came back to the states would you have to register the same way as if you were being convicted domestically? Thank you

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    If you aren't a citizen of the USA, you would be refused entry to the USA if you just bought a plane ticket and showed up.   With a criminal record, you would need to apply for a Visa.   Your Visa application would be denied.  No registration required because you won't be let in the country.

    If you are a USA citizen, you can be tried by the USA even if the crime was committed elsewhere.   The USA actively pursues and prosecutes their own citizens who commit sex crimes elsewhere. 

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    If you are on the U.K. sex register it is not transferred to any other country.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.