Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 3 months ago

Do you feel afraid to comment on the Biden administration ?

I was about to post a question about Biden but then i just thought am i allowed. Is this the state of free speech on the internet? I'm not even an American. 

Trump wasn't the problem with free speech, Big Tech is. 

• ?

As long as your comments are positive you'll be fine. 

• Tmess2

There is no problem commenting on the Biden administration as long as you own the website and the server.  

If you are using somebody else's website or server, that person is the person who has the Free Speech right and that person can limit your ability to use their equipment by contract.  Think of it like going to an open mic night at your favorite club.  Yes, you can sign up to get on stage, but -- if you break the club's rules -- they can shut off the microphone and have you escorted out.

And the level of restrictions imposed by Big Tech for posters in and to western democracies is a mere fraction of what the government in countries like China and Russia require before permitting any content from these companies to reach people in those countries.

• ?

Promoting violence is not free speech, and the First Amendment does list exceptions such as inciting discourse, & riots. Trump WAS the Problem!  @?  It looks more like getting to work & fixing the mess Trump has caused. Haven't seen any proof to back up your comment.

• Desire

Biden is still out for revenge. He is not an adult only an empty shell of a man and brain!!!!!!!

Nope. Why should I be?

I have no idea why you would think that.  If you said something negative about trump, he would call you out nationally and make you the subject of death threats.  Call me crazy but I don't think a response like that is likely anymore.  Biden is an adult, trump was a spoiled toddler.