Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Now that the bust of Winston Churchill has been evicted from the oval office should the Irish government send one of Michael Collins?

Or Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa on Saint Patrick's day?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

That would be very fitting indeed especially Mr Biden being an Irish/American, two of Ireland's greatest national heroes in the oval office which was also designed by an Irish architect would be very fitting indeed

• 1 month ago

Heh.   That would be funny.  President Biden is a Catholic.   Collins was a fraudster who committed suicide (a mortal sin for the 'left footers' didn't ye know?)  You didn't really swallow that nonsense about a 'gun battle' did you?  And you didn't really think that every man in the truck following, after being given a pile of money and told to go to America for ever, and keep their mouths shut - would STILL do that in extreme old age? When talking privately to an Irish historian?  Collins was going to face a lot of questions.  And he didn't fancy meeting those noble patriots who were going to be asking them.    Want some more?  What was his ostensible job?  What was his job in the republican movement.  In particular what source of income was he overseeing?  What was the car he was driving before his downfall?  Who was it made by?  What was its worth?  How many other people in the world... oh dear.  And what were his actions that day?  Why was he doing a tour of banks, begging for loans, and why was he turned down by them all?  How many bullet holes were found in his windscreen? and so on.  And does it matter a f*ck. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How about one of FDR shagging Churchill as he did after the war 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why the hell would they want busts of terrostis in the white House troll 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I barely heard of those people. Collins was a terrorist or something? I don't know who the other one is.

They aren't half as famous as Churchill. I'm no fan of Churchill, but I wouldn't agree with getting a bust of Collins anymore than, say, Mao, or Mussolini.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, Biden is just doing Obama’s bidding.

Kenyan terrorists more to his taste.

Biden has shown he is Obama’s man.

Who knew?

No one cares about this long dead irish terrorists, only those who live in the bitter past bemoaning their lack of prospects. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.