Do people in other countries really undervalue the beauty of sand?

My family are trying to rebuild the British Empire so my sister and her husband moved to Canada, my brother and his wife live in Thailand and my wife and I call Qatar our home. When my siblings go on family outings, they are always taking pictures of beautiful, lush, rolling, green landscapes. Okay, but how much sand do they have?

Australians will back me up on this, you guys even have more sand than Saudi Arabia. When I take family outing photos, I really try to encapsulate the beauty and diversity of barren wastelands. Here’s some sand. There is sand as far as the eye can see here. This is a big pile of sand. Here is some sand next to water. 

I don’t feel my photos have the desired impact though. Why do places like Qatar and Australia get unfairly labeled as being ugly countries?

Anon: The British Empire wasn’t built by Brits staying in Britain. 

Plenty of people don't like sand in their underwear and much prefer too be surrounded by trees when its cold the beach isn't much fun.

old fat people don't look good in beach photos  

• F

I remember some years ago, the Scotland Rugby team got stopped at Australian Customs / Immigration because they had brought tackle bags filled with sand with them.

Why they took sand , to a country that is 95% either desert or beach , is beyond me.

We are stuck in Australia because we don't have UK passports.

The middle east is a shithole, the only beautiful thing about it is we're not there.

You have buried your head in the sand about the problems in the UK.

If you want to rebuild the British empire than you should be in Britain to do that