Bill
Bill asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Feminists, when exactly did men consent to women in being in public office and being president?

I know you don't care what men think of any topic whatsoever, but I'm curious when exactly did you get the consent of men for this? 

Note: This is an historical question. 

@Anonymous: So Antifa attacked a federal building yesterday. Did you notice how the establishment doesn't care about that? The majority of Antifa is white men just like the majority of white men voted for Trump. I think you will find out that the government does need the consent of men if they wish to stay alive. 

@Anonymous: And if you really think consent of half of the population doesn't matter to what Biden does then you might just find out that you're very wrong on that belief. 

@Observer: Most men objected to feminism from the start. 

@Zirp: Some? Even by the 1960's most men objected to feminism. 

@Chemflunky: So the consent of half of the population can be ignored by women because they're half of the population. Did that make any sense to you when you wrote it? 

The state of Montana started to allow women to vote in 1914 two years before got elected. She got a massive number of female voters to support her as expected. 

I said nothing about voting for a man because he's a man. There is a large difference between men should be in charge and I will vote for any man. Really Green Puffin, try harder. 

Why should a persons Gender affect whether people vote for them or not.  Margaret Thatcher was a woman, but I didn't want to vote for her, because she was a Conservative and I wasn't and didn't support many of the issues that she felt strongly about.  Voting for someone should be based on their policies and not their gender.  My goodness only moronic fools vote based gender alone.

I have no measurements of "consent to women in being in public office", but I can tell you the first time voters elected a woman to national office in the United States. Jeannette Rankin broke that glass ceiling when the state of Montana elected her to the House of Representatives on November 7, 1916.

We are half the population, bucko.  Why should we need your "consent" to hold some fraction of the public offices out there, that govern us as much as they govern you?

Full citizenship for women was introduced in different countries in different years of mainly the 20th century.

Almost none of them did it by referendum, but the Swiss did it februari 7th 1971

Yes, some insecure wussy men objected

If you really believe that the consent of the other half the population- men) doesn't matter, you need to learn about how the vote was won by women and many man back in the day.

During the primaries, liberal voters strongly indicated Kamala Harris was not fit to be in the White House.   Biden appointed her anyways as is his right.  He doesn’t need consent from men or even from members of his own party.    He can appoint whomever he wants for whatever reason he wants.