Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Does suicide disqualify someone from entering Heaven?

My brother took his life, and I’m worried about his fate since I’ve heard some people say that suicide leads to Hell

yes, but have hope.  There are other, lesser, glorious resurrections and rewards mentioned by St. Paul.

People who commit suicide suffer from severe depression and they are not in their right mind.

The lord is the only judge who decides who enters or not according to the Bible. A loving God so I would say no. Man has distorted any thoughts on this I’m going to say it is whatever you believe it is. I do not know only opine on it.

God is compassionate and people who commit suicide are in pain and suffering so because God is love you should just pray for his soul.  Don't believe in hell it is merely a hole in the ground that in Jesus' time was a place where people burned their garbage so it was always on fire.  This word has been wrongly translated in many scriptures sometimes by accident sometimes deliberately depending on the scriptures.  

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Take heart though: because I know God... very well... and I understand Him, I am able to give you an answer that will put your mind at ease: above all, God is just. 

The only unforgivable sin is to reject the offer of His forgiveness. If your brother took his life without asking for God's forgiveness, then you should still have peace knowing that the punishment will always fit the crime - perfectly. No one in hell is complaining they shouldn't be there. 

Everyone gets exactly what they DESERVE.... no more and no less.

That's why Christians are so happy... we DIDN'T get what we deserved. Jesus paid the price we owed in full.

I know it sounds like a bit of a cop-out. Even our own egos bristle at the fact that this God of ours loves us so much that He stepped in to take our punishment on Himself so we would never have to pay.

There's a story Jesus told about a man who died and went to hell and because of love, desperately wanted his still living brothers to be saved. Wherever your brother is, I'm sure he wants the same for you. So I beseach you on behalf of your brother: turn away from sin and go to Jesus today for salvation, or you too will perish.

dont be worried and Heaven is real when i tryed once

and i didnt pray that much when it happen to me .............i could feel my body leaving

me and everything stopped all sounds and then i saw a bright light not over powering

but a warm feeling and not like if you look into a brightlight that hurts your eyes

but a warm light and no sound and then it happen i did hear one voice say

very clearly its not your time to go !  and i didnt want to leave it was the most warm feeling so still and nice ,  i dont fear passing away now i know where i am going

they say that if you take a life then you cant go to heaven

but again you have no control over life when you say I’m worried about his fate

There is no heaven or hell - it's just a scary story designed to make us do as we're told. Anything else is just some kind of suggested outcome that we get to see in films etc. You can't remember anything before you're born and you'll have no cognition after you're dead. No one ever comes back to differently just as time travel is impossible 

not to worry there is no heaven and hell is life here on earth

Most people who commit suicide are suffering from major clinical depression, a very real illness which clouds thinking and prevents the sufferers from seeing any other way out.  

God doesn't punish us for being ill.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Paul

No-one knows the answer to that question, including people who think they do. What we do know is that God loves every human being equally and perfectly. If someone commits a horrible sin like murder or rape, then they have rejected God, and will suffer the consequences. However, depression is a psychological disorder that a person doesn't freely choose. Your brother is a victim of this disorder, and God will certainly take that into account in judging him.