Did you ever quit or leave a job?

No, but I wish I had before I was let go. Major blow to the ego.

• a

I've been fired a couple times, laid off because the company was circling the drain. I've quit a job because my supervisor was undermining the company and her department, and owing to the fact that she was a personal friend of the manager, nothing was being done. Last time I quit, the owner of a small business was going to retire and sell. I knew the new owner (whoever it turned out to be) would have the right to hire whomever s/he wanted, and I'd be looking for work anyway.

You need to stop posting. Moron.

I've quit and been fired. Meh.

Of course.  I have only left one job because my services were no longer needed, and I have had many jobs over the years.  Usually left to make a step up in another company.  Five years and move on was pretty much the pattern.  I only left one job out of disgust.  The rest were simply because there was less opportunity to advance myself and my career where I was than at the place I moved to (not counting all the beginner jobs while I was in school and did for just spending money).