Mohan asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What’s it called when you feel like every person in your life made you worse. It’s more than I’m better off alone. ?

Even if a friend, parent, relative ect. was trying to help you, I come up with a reason as to how it negatively impacted me. Probably should see a therapist, but with everything online now anyway.. gonna give this a shot. 

I appreciate all the answers guys. The asshole who said I’m denial, you don’t know everyone’s story. My mother passed away, and I’m on Wellbutrin. If I was looking for pity, I’d mention those facts but I didn’t. I just wanted a genuine answer on are people really good for you, can you just trust your instincts to live a good life without people influencing you to do things? I guess a few people made me better. Not gonna name my childhood heroes, but we all had someone I guess. 

Meh, could be delusional thinking. But think of it like this. If you had a pet dog, doesn’t that dog depend on you for how the dog’s life will be? A parent can force you, persuade you.. whatever, they still have some kind of power of how your life will be. For example, picking a college or choosing where you live. You’re obviously gonna choose an option that requires less effort from yourself. Idk. The only people in life you can blame is yourself and those who raised you. 

I assume you are depressed. Once you are depressed people will try to make you even more depressed. What they are trying to do is to make sure you never recover. The only way you can recover from depression is to isolate yourself from people. Hide somewhere they cannot find you. Trust me there is a sadist in every human on earth and they will take it out when they sense the right opportunity. I guess it's natural human instinct, survival of the fittest or something.

You sound like every liberal story out there

Its someone elses fault. Quit blaming others

You should try not to place blame on others. I guess it's possible, but it's hard to imagine EVERYONE in your life causing you problems. 

I read a book called: "Toxic parents" once, because I felt someone I know had that situation. 

So I guess it would be called: toxic surroundings in your case. 

Sometimes, it doesn't matter who or how it happened, just move

forward and try to heal yourself. 

• LAN

It's called being in denial of you being the only source of all your prob!ems.  That's why you keep begging for pity here instead of looking for real help.

Selfishness & mental health issues.

If you have a friend, parent or relative who is trying to help you... you are not appreciating the fact that they are there. Some people don't have ANYONE.

• martin

Figure that those who made life worse for you were your enemies, and that you are smarter and wiser now because you know how to avoid people like that in the future.

• Petter

If EVERY person made you worse, I'd say the fault lies in you.