Paul asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Is it bad that I like being angry?

Almost every little thing makes me angry, I have very little patience and hate people and just about everything. I’m a very negative person by nature, and don’t remember the last time I’ve been happy or in a good mood. For this reason I’ve chosen to remain single and lonely for my whole life as I don’t want to expose potential spouses or friends to my ugly personality. However, being angry makes me feel like I’m dominant and king of the world, and I like feeling dominant. I don’t feel as dominant when I’m happy, which rarely happens. I’ve been to several therapists and psychologists and my personality still hasn’t changed. So I’ve just accepted that this is who I’ll be for my whole life, and I don’t see anything wrong with it. Whether I live a happy positive life or an angry miserable life, I’ll eventually die one day anyway. Everyone dies at some point so who cares? Is this wrong?

It's interesting that you feel dominant and feel like "king of the world" because of your anger, yet most people who would run into you on any given day, would sense some insecurity and anger issues.  The first thing I think of when I see or have to deal with an angry person, is that the person is angry for a reason, and not just because it's the way they are.  Something happened at some point in their lives, and it's something they can't find a way out of.  Is there any reason you can't seek happiness?  Even in the small things? Right now, you are trying to show others that you that you're proud of being an angry, p-ssed off person, even though you hate people.  Do you really believe that you're "dominant"??  How, exactly??  Here's the thing; I truly believe that if you open yourself up to being happy, finding things in life to experience and enjoy, and help others, then you will feel PROUD of who you are.  There's a big difference and I hope you find it. 

Er, yes I would say so.... ever so ever so ever so slightly.

I suggest that you seek intensive help.

You like being angry because you know processing it will make you feel better. You should be angry to get to the other side which is peace.

You like being angry because you know processing it will make you feel better. You should be angry to get to the other side which is peace. If you embrace anger you will feel better after because you got it out.

Give it to me

I lack this quality 

I can't say that it is wrong or bad cause this is how you feel.  You have already taken the first step to recovery by acknowledging what you problem is.  You know specifically what to work on.  Having a diagnosis is better than not knowing what the problem is.  Life must have been hard to you & you haven't been able to crawl out of the hole yet. The right person hasn't extended a hand to you yet.

Maybe you need to take a big step & talk to a Psychiatrist instead of a therapist or Psychologist, there may be medications you can take that only a Psychiatrist can prescribe.  Trying to get to the root of the issue may take some time but there is something with in you that doesn't like the state of being you are in. but you don't let people in to help you.

I agree that you may have food allergies. Taking care of you body will reflect positively in your brain.

Humans are social animals who are not meant to be loners. It's not so much that you are wrong as in that we are here for a positive reason.  It's interesting that you say that an angry you is a dominant you. That makes sense because you don't give a damn about anyone else. When you are happy, you want to share with others.

As social animals, it's all about connections. It speaks to our perception of reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drT_L4G8w8

Youtube thumbnail

• Petter

Very wrong, you should do something against your issues.

You probably have food allergies. You really ought to take control of that.