Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Worry my 49 year old daughter will end up alone?

I’m 77 and a widow and I nor my daughter has any family. She hasn’t met anyone either to marry. I never dreamt this would happen to her or me as she’s the nicest person you could ever meet –she’s very refreshing and rare. I was wondering if anyone else feels similar or is in a similar situation?  

Yes actually my aunt is around the same age and I’d actually describe her the same way.I myself never married and I’m in my 30’s.My grandparents are most likely feeling the way you are as they are a few years older and know that my aunt and I are both in similar situations and very close with them.Unfortunately some of us for whatever reason aren’t lucky when it comes to these matters.Having a person want to spend their life with you is a matter of free will and we simply haven’t found a person that’s wanting to do it.The most important thing is to find a way to be happy by yourself.In this situation that’s all you can do 

im older than that and ive never married or had kids, it happens

leave her alone, she dosnt want to marry...dont force her to marry 

• Foxy

Yes, I have an uncle over 50 who never married and is fine. Instead of worrying, I spend time with him and help him with whatever he needs.

• Kerri

Well of course no mom wants her kid’s to be or feel alone but meeting someone and committing to marriage aren’t required for your daughter or anyone else to find happiness. Just enjoy your daughter instead of wasting precious time fixating on her lack of current partner.

🥴🙄😊

You sound like my mother. Yes. 

Although, she thought like this... she would always make it so I would never leave. No one was good enough for her babies. 

Anyway... long story short, I have a ton of family. Over 100 blood relatives. But after her recent passing, Im surviving on my own. 🥴 Without help. 

I chose not to live with family but I have an aunt who was indebted to my biological father and his parents and wanted to return the favor. So... she sent me to live with her siblings in her late fathers house. 

🥴 If not for this blessing of an aunt, Id still be surviving on my own without qualms. 

Yes... your daughter is fine so long as you taught her how to get a job, madame.