Am I allergic to hair dye?
I recently did a patch test for a box hair dye that I bought. Initially it started itching a minute or so after I put the dye on my skin. But the itching went away after it dried. There was no swelling or burning either. So, I'm confused if I should use the dye or not.
I'll only be colouring the ends of my hair. Should I use the dye or avoid it?
- The Borg QueenLv 71 month ago
You could have a irritation caused by one of the ingredients in the hair dye. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
- KerriLv 41 month ago
Doubtful it was an allergic reaction. Sounds like just an initial and totally normal scalp reaction to the harsh chemicals in most hair dyes that cause a brief itch or tingle when applied but then calms down after a couple of minutes. Dye always does this to me right when I apply it but always goes away. True allergy to it would cause itch, burning, pain and possibly redness, rash or trouble breathing and would require quick washing away and treatment with medication to halt the symptoms of the reaction.Source(s): Nurse