Bill
Lv 7
Bill asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Do you think women would get elected to office if women didn't vote?

Lets just say for the sake of argument that women could run for office, but couldn't vote. 

The argument is that men as a group consent to feminism because some men vote for it, so with that in mind would they vote for it in high enough numbers to get a woman in office? I bet they wouldn't. 

Update:

@Anonymous: You realize that feminists actually fought to get women into office, right? lol

Update 2:

@Cogito: Considering the voting trends of female voters I would agree with you that women wouldn't vote a man into office. 

Update 3:

@Anonymous: No such study exists. For that matter, both men and women are more likely to vote for someone that is the same sex as them.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Studies show that women vote based on identity politics more than men do.   Men tend to vote for the best candidate regardless of sex or race.   So, a woman would get elected to office if she’s the best candidate, not because she’s female.  

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Okay - what if men could run for office, but couldn't vote?

Would women vote for any man in high enough numbers to get a man in office? I bet they wouldn't. 

Democracy shouldn't be about the gender of any candidate.  That should be totally irrelevant. A good, capable, honest leader who actually cares about the people he or she represents is all that matters.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i like how i can tell this is bill without even clicking the question 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A woman in office isn't feminism. Wow.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.