Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is my Mom putting a dog above her own child? She complained in the past saying a person is above a dog, and she shows that dog more love?

Are you jealous of her dog?  Is the dog taking away your mother?  Does she not do more for you than the dog? I think you are looking at this from a weird perspective & not seeing anything but what you want to see.  You are feeling insecure with your mother's attention.

The dog does not give her any grief & has unconditional love for her, doesn't back talk her, doesn't argue with her, it obeys her commands, it is by her side most of the time.

No one comes between my dog & me.

Maybe because you're old enough to act more independent.   You should have social circles of your own, and not be reliant on mom for attention.

For mom, the dog is something that is dependent upon her, and maybe having something to take care of, that needs taken care of gives her some joy.

The only person who can answer this is your Mom.  Maybe the dog has never disappointed her and you have.