Is my girlfriend pregnant?

My girlfriend is having spotting on the first day of her period which is supposed to come today. She is not using a tampon. Is there a chance she’s pregnant? We had protected sex 2 days after her ovulation she’s not on birth control. 

Update:

We also had sex earlier in the cycle that was the first time right around her ovulation. Protection 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The start of a womens period can be very light and may not require a pad or tampon right away. If the spotting turns into a heavier flow then she is not pregnant because that will mean she is on her period

• helene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Luke. You said in your other question that the sex was 2 days ago. If her period was due today, then she did NOT ovulate four days ago. If she did ovulate four days ago, she would not have gotten her period right on schedule, which she HAS.

She has chosen to get upset over nothing, and you're about to dive in with her.

• 1 month ago

Unlikely.  If you used protection, such as a condom, it is very unlikely that conception would occur.  Spotting or a light flow is perfectly normal at the begging of a period.  Cycles and periods are not identical each month.  They can be longer or shorter; heavier or lighter.

If she fails to have a relatively normal period over the next week, she can certainly take a home pregnancy test.  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry. 

• 1 month ago

she needs to see her doctor to find out

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably not. It's perfectly normal for young women to have periods that don't start on the day they were expected to. But if she doesn't get her period in a week, go buy one of those over the counter pregnancy tests. Until then, try to be really nice to each other, because not being sure is stressful.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.