Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Does a 16-17 year old still need a set bedtime on the weekend?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No,

I didn't have a curfew since I was 14. By my early high school years, I had a part time job, was involved with extracurricular activities and straight A student. Where there times I had to stay up till 1 in the morning to get everything done, not too often, but sometimes. It is completely inappropriate to place bedtimes on teens over 14, 15. They need to take responsibility for their own actions. 

• 1 month ago

16-17 yo - 5 = 11-12 grade, or junior/ senior HS, right?

what is their maturity level?  How are their grades and health?  Are they employed?  Hobby life?

All these variables can determine how much parental involvement they still need.

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

nope as long as it doesnt effect your schooling .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

From the teen's point of view, no.  From the parents' point of view to get the house to themselves for a few precious waking hours, yes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, and they don’t need one during the week, either. 16 year olds don’t have set bedtimes.

• GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

By that age, teenagers need to be learning self-discipline, in preparation for going away to college or work. In short deciding on their own bed-time at least at weekends.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

10PM is quite average bedtime for adults and youths zxjkc

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

11 PM sounds about right

• 1 month ago

You might- I didn't.

• 1 month ago

yes because it helps with your timemanagement and creates pattern to work on school assignments easily if there isn't bedtime than you are tired and can't think properly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.