Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Does a 16-17 year old still need a set bedtime on the weekend?

No,

I didn't have a curfew since I was 14. By my early high school years, I had a part time job, was involved with extracurricular activities and straight A student. Where there times I had to stay up till 1 in the morning to get everything done, not too often, but sometimes. It is completely inappropriate to place bedtimes on teens over 14, 15. They need to take responsibility for their own actions. 

16-17 yo - 5 = 11-12 grade, or junior/ senior HS, right?

what is their maturity level?  How are their grades and health?  Are they employed?  Hobby life?

All these variables can determine how much parental involvement they still need.

• garry

nope as long as it doesnt effect your schooling .

From the teen's point of view, no.  From the parents' point of view to get the house to themselves for a few precious waking hours, yes.

No, and they don’t need one during the week, either. 16 year olds don’t have set bedtimes.

• GB

By that age, teenagers need to be learning self-discipline, in preparation for going away to college or work. In short deciding on their own bed-time at least at weekends.

10PM is quite average bedtime for adults and youths zxjkc

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

11 PM sounds about right

You might- I didn't.

yes because it helps with your timemanagement and creates pattern to work on school assignments easily if there isn't bedtime than you are tired and can't think properly.