Already 21 and need horizontal license??  DMV HELP?

A couple weeks before I turned 21, I had renewed my soon-to-be expired license and the DMV sent me a vertical license that doesn’t expire until 2024. Now that I’m officially 21, I’d like a horizontal license but I don’t know how I can renew it if the license isn’t technically expired (I literally just got it) but it’s just not horizontal. Any help on this? What do i tell the DMV? Do I have to get a duplicate now? 

I have never heard of such a thing. I would wager its not an option in any state.

SERIOUSLY

You want to be considered an ADULT.

Bar bouncers and others can read the part of the card that has your DATE OF BIRTH.

They will turn the card in whatever direction is required to read it.

Nothing special they just know you have not yet gone horizontal. Your age is your age and they can figure it out.

If you want to renew you can. Return to DMV turn in your old license and pay the fees for a replacement.

Avoid the hassle , the lines and fees and just use it until you are 24.

Anyone who needs to look at your ID won't care about it. A bar or club only cares about the birth date on your license, not the direction. The direction of your license doesn't matter to anybody else, so it shouldn't matter to you.

You can pretend you lost your license and order a new one.

That said, no one f-ing cares what direction your license goes.

Any bar/event is going to look at the birthdate not the direction your license goes.