If I paid $0.6825 cents for each slice of pepperoni pizza and sold each slice for $0.69, would that be a profitable business venture?

Unless you are selling millions of slices a day, no. I assume you would have other expenses too besides simply making the pizza.

Maybe if you're printing it.

Otherwise you'd kill yourself or your stuff punching the dough. 

I remember seeing students standing in line to get a $2 slices of pizza and a drink.

It's even higher today!

So you only make three-quarters of a cent profit on every slice of pizza--for a standard 8-slice pizza, that is 6 cents per WHOLE PIZZA. How long do you think it will take you to make one dollar? Sixteen and two-thirds days. To make one dollar. Now--do YOU think that's a profitable business venture?  

If you do, I would suggest you never try going into business in any field.  

You are confusing yourself by mixing dollars and cents in the cost for each slice. No, because your "profit" margin is too small ...  OR  if you are paying less than a penny a slice you could make a profit in a world where all prices, wages, and taxes are low (like the early 1800's).

I don't think it would work that way, but here in NY one dollar pizza shops do well in poor neighborhoods, they need to be able to lease enough space to make a lot of Pizza while keeping the prices down, and also find a community that will buy frequently. 

Sure. You should ask Shark Tank for investment help.

• fcas80

Yes, assuming no other expenses.

it might be that

Sure. sell 100 slices a day and make 75 cents. You are a budding entrepreneur. Is your time worth 75 cents a day?

No.   In my state your margin wouldn't even cover the B&O tax due on gross sales let alone any of the other costs of doing business.

But hey, if you're selling slices for $.69 each, I'm quite certain you'll have plenty of customers to help bankrupt you.