Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Best way to get rid of a Vegans harassing you?

I got harassed by vegan street preacher today while I was coming out of work in town. They were pressing me about animal furr coat and going on about the industry. I quite frankly don't care how I get my jackets but this man was trying to lay guilt on me on another level. What things I can say to get rid of these people who harass me. 

As a man, if a militant vegan was harassing me, I would give that militant vegan one chance to back off. And if the militant vegan didn't back off, there would be a fight.

As long as the militant vegan doesn't physically assault you, keep standing your ground (but don't throw the first punch). If the militant vegan physically assaults you, all bets are off at this point. Once that happens, you can whoop that militant vegan from here to kingdom come! I just hope the person doing the harassment isn't a girl. Because I normally don't hit a girl, unless I got really mad and was pushed past my limits, or if I was physically attacked by a violent woman. It would be an embarrassment for a man to lose a fight to a girl. Nothing against girls, but females are supposed to be the weaker vessel. And a man should honor his wife as the weaker vessel, so his prayers are not hindered (talking about male-female marriage; I don't believe in so-called homosexual marriage), but that's another subject for another time in a different category.

I work in an office with a couple of vegan coworkers. If I bring any animal products to lunch. I'm likely to get a long earful about it. In the past, I've listened patiently to their arguments for why I should change my eating habits, but frankly I'm tired of doing this.

To be clear on that last point: I've nothing against veganism or vegans; I'm not trying to mock them or cause friction within the workplace. I've thought about the issue plenty, and considered their arguments, but I've made up my mind to not change my diet.

I've tried to find places to eat that won't be as noticeable for them, but it doesn't matter if I'm at my desk or in the lounge - they'll still find me. One of them makes a point of mentioning the rallies they attend or time spent picketing butcher shops - as a result, I suspect they see these confrontations as less about me and more about a convenient opportunity to further this sort of activism.

What is the best way to put an end to their attempts to get me to change my diet, while also not setting myself up for future conflicts with them?

Throw ground beef in front of their feet! No, don't do that, it is a waste of good food and littering!

Just ignore them like you'd ignore someone's fussy/crying baby.

No need to listen, look or interact with obnoxious strangers.

Carry- on.

Ignore it and carry on. Holier than thou types are everywhere. Life is short. Too short to dwell on the idiots.

Never engage with an idiot. When accosted tell her/him to frig off and keep walking.

Let the people talk, just ignore it and walk on your way. 

• Anton

Laugh.  Laugh that they are so stupid, don't know ****, believe that crap on the Internet. 

• kswck2

I have always found that a garden hose in the dead of winter usually works for me. 

I just say, "No thank you" and keep walking.    I don't make eye contact, I don't slow my pace, I don't acknowledge a damn thing they say.

I don't care if they are panhandling or collecting petition signatures or offering me salvation or selling Girl Scout Cookies.    "No thank you" and keep walking.  It's never NOT worked. 

GET THE FK OUTTA MY FACE...usually works.