Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

4runner or Wrangler for teen ?

I’ll be getting a car in a few months and I’m 16. Which car should I get, either would be leased for three years. I don’t have to worry about the car maintenance since it’s a lease

Which would you recommend 

Lucky you. When I was 16 all I had was an ancient Suzuki FA50.

Looked something like this:

Leasing a brand new car is almost never a got idea for a teen. They drive too many miles for a lease, risk of accident is high, and insurance costs are super high. 

Besides you can't actually lease a car yourself at only 16 years old, and your lease company may not allow you to drive the car if one of your parents leases the car. Some lease companies are very restrictive about who drives the car, and if you violate it, they have the right to repossess the car and charge you high early termination costs.

Are you sure your parents can even lease a vehicle and let you drive it?  Some companies do not allow drivers under the age of 18 drive their leased vehicles.

At 16 you're too young to sign a lease or sales contract. Only a legal adult can do that. No way your parents are going to lease or buy a new one of either of those for you, therefore you're TROLLING.

.

You better find and carefully read any lease agreement.  You would be responsible for maintenance.  You also cannot lease a car yourself.  Contracts on minors (under age 18) are not binding on the minor.

• Eva

You won't be getting a car, your parents will be getting you a car.  You aren't old enough to sign a lease. They would be foolish to give a 16 yr old a brand new car. You have to take excellent care of a leased vehicle or risk being charged for damage and/or excess mileage. That means it has to be kept clean inside and out, no dings, dents, or scratches, and has to go into the dealership to get the required maintenance.

Wrangler is a terrible choice.  Leasing at 16? What could go wrong?

Leasing a vehicle is a waste of money unless you have a business you can write it off with. You should look for a used vehicle to drive until you learn how to drive and have more experience. A new car costs way too much money to insure with a teenager driving it full time.