Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Would you name your daughter Lora, why and why not? ?

My cousin wants to name her baby girl Lora but her husband likes Laura. We all think Lora is a twist on the old fashioned Laura. What do y’all think ? 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Someone should tell your cousin, that Lora is likely to spend a lot of time correcting the spelling of her name. She's also more likely to be judged, and taken less seriously. That's unfair - but that's life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would never use Lora.  It looks like a misspelling of Laura.  Laura is much prettier to me.  We were going to name our second child Laura if he had been a girl. 

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

lora isnt a name , its spelt laura , giving a kid a misspelt name , shows your education standard .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, I don't like that name and because it sounds plain.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Lora is a nice and cute name

• 1 month ago

I don't often like new spellings and usually think the classic looks better. But in this case, I actually prefer Lora. Laura looks plainer and more dated. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Laura is my name. I like this spelling much better. But Lora isn’t a twist . It’s already as common as the other spelling my friend spells it Lora. We are over 40.. but Laura looks better 

• 1 month ago

It's not a twist on anything. It's an alternative that's not very popular so will create constant problems for the girl her entire life, for literally no reason at all. 

• Kevin
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I have to agree with your cousin’s husband Laura is the best choice of spelling 

Spelling it Lora means the child will spend her whole lifetime constantly telling people how to spell her name

• 1 month ago

No bc it reminds e of Lorax a the cartoon it also reminds me of a shower gel HAHAHHA idk Lorena maybe it’s a good name of Laura, I personally love the name of Olivia 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.