My facebook friends still insist the economy is the best it has evern been in the history of the world!...how do you argue against stupidity?

Well, I start by not associating with anyone who talks about Facebook, thus dealing with millions of stupid people. Second, I try not to fool myself that there is any real point in arguing with stupid people.  You cannot fix stupid, and they have a right to be stupid, and it doesn't usually  bother me.  As for "the economy", it's not a single, monolithic thing. MY part of the economy has resulted in massive financial gains in the past year. But I know that not everyone is so fortunate.

• Amit Y

To really argue against it, you should write a book.

simply show them data that proves your point.

It really depends on who you're talking to. For some people they've never had it better in terms of being able to find a job and so it seems like the economy is better than it's ever been. While other people they've never had it worse it's all a matter of perspective if you want to really understand and get them to understand the bigger picture look at the labor participation rate that is a more accurate number is to how good a nation is actually doing economically

• Ivanex

i think you need to read more about economic history, seriously

• ?

Your Friends clearly don't know what there Talking about the Economy is worst then its ever been since Covid came to town a lot of people have Lost there Jobs 

That's what the "unfriend" button is for.

Life is too short to spend it trying to explain the truth to people who would rather cling to the lie.

You could listen to their reasons, (which might be asking too much of you), or you could just call them stupid and throw your hands in the air like you just don't care.