Brandy or Rum?

For so many years, all I've drank was Bacardi Superior Rum (the clear white cheap stuff). I'm thinking about trying Remy V which is double the price, but I'm concerned about not liking it. The price doesn't bother me, I'm just stubborn and set in my ways! lol

P.S. Seeing how I like Rum I was gonna try Koloa, but it's not available at the online place that I shop at.

Anonymous: Best Answer is going to you, because that's my point. I don't wanna try something new that won't get me drunk the right way, and I've never had a hangover (might have something to do with being 6'1 - 240lbs). So I'll stick with what works for me - which is Bacardi. By the way. I don't really like the word "drunk" because that's never really my goal. I drink for medicinal purposes. It kind of balances me out.

Brandy has always given me the worst hangovers ever zxjqd

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

rum................

Start with the small cheap stuff. Paul Masson Amber is usually under $10.00 and can give you an idea of the possibilities of an even better brandy. I keep a big bottle of it in the bar, and use it for cough syrup. It's pleasant enough.

So buy a small bottle of brandy to try it out, and if you don't like drinking it you can save it for cooking. Goes great in many desserts. Or in coffee. Do you mean Kahlua? Not like rum at all. It's coffee-flavoured

• Anton

A half of century I learned that quality matters.

Once you enjoy the good stuff, you don't want to drink the swill.

It costs $11 more than the swill.  But you don't the full bottle -- you drink just one shot, about 40ml.  It only costs 60cents more to have the good stuff.

• Iam

I like rum, I prefer the one called Mount Gay - it's not too much more expensive and it is nice. I don't know much about Brandy, but I like Eastern European e.g. Hungarian

Most liquor stores have a variety of single shot bottles.   Or you could order it in a bar.

You know...if you don't want to commit to a whole bottle.

My favorite thing has come to be banana Brandy

A great brandy for cheap IMO is Presidente. Bacardi is so sterile it's like if Coke a Cola made rubbing alcohol. Christian Brothers is also nice for the money, their infused one is done with class. Appleton is a nice $25-30 rum, Cruzan has nice $20 rums.  

Feel free to go into the ultra premium range if you can afford it, but know you don't have to. The joke about Cristal is, rather than $200 for that garbage, pay $230 for something decent from the same company! Or at the $50 mark, most people wouldn't even know, or more aptly, vice versa; that is the extra $150 adds nothing that none but working sommelier will notice.