Jerry
Jerry asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why do some  believe that acting / dressing like a negative stereotype is somehow empowering ?

Look at this video

https://youtu.be/Zll7rvBWR9I

Youtube thumbnail

In this video you see a woman doing a very sexual dance in random public places  and justifying it as a celebration of Martin Luthor King Day, and that it is somehow supposed  to fight the sexualization of black women 

This reminds me of the infamous **** walk protest.

Why do people believe that doing the very thing that illicits a negative stereotype is somehow empowering !

That makes about as much sense as dressing up like a gangsta, and walking into a racist neighbourhood screaming: 

"I am an N word and I am proud"

I have always held the belief that the women and men who do these kind of protests  are more attention seeking than genuinely concerned about the cause.

• Sandy

now how did I know this was going to be a video about my people, even before I watched it?

He says girls who are twerking for MLK aren’t really observing MLK, it’s just and excuse to act immature and not be criticized.  I think that’s true.  We see the same thing with Antifa, the DC and BLM riots.  They are all just people who want to riot and loot and hide behind a cause to justify their violent behavior.