Are Ghosts real or fiction?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Dubbs
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I would most certainly say they are real, but WHAT they are is a matter of conjecture. Hauntings can be multiple different things.

You'll get a lot of closed minded naysayers who muster the erroneous arrogance to deny that which doesn't fit their outlook of reality.

The thing is, people have been seeing ghosts or spirits for as long as human beings have been around. The millions, if not billions of people who have seen such things they couldn't explain beyond the 5 Senses, are simply dismissed as liars, crazy and/or ignorant people by those who haven't witnessed the same thing. There've been too many witnesses with too many stories and I've done too much research to dismiss them all a flights of fancy.

In the grand scheme of things,  humans haven't been around for very long and our knowledge of the universe hasn't progressed further then Dark Matter. We really don't know everything, as much as the ignorant like to think we do. Things that have been distinguished as religious affairs aren't welcome in modern science and they're dismissed out of hand, because heaven forbid science give religion any form of credibility. So without religion the idea of a human souls transmigrating after death isn't really welcome. It's not because there's lack of evidence. It's our model for thinking.

The current model of thought that Western Countries go by is called Secular Humanism. This revokes the concept of God or any form of deity, suggesting man is his own god. And with a predominantly left-brained authority,  thinking beyond scientific development into areas of the occult would be unthinkable.

It's for this reason alone that ghosts are dismissed. Sightings continue to happen to this day by random people. It's not reported as much because of strict censorship on the news, but also people are afraid to made fun of and ridiculed for speaking their mind.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

it largely remains a mystery for now. i for one hope ghosts do exist!

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't know enough about them to say whether they're real or not.  Even if they're real maybe they're not what we think, maybe they're not the spirits of the dead, but something else entirely.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.