Why do Instagram models post captions unrelated to their pictures?

It's literally an intentionally sexy photo with a caption like "How's your day" or "Name a band you like". I doubt they're smart enough to be ironic, or that they even care about their orbiters. Why put a pic of cleavage, bikinis and not say, "This is my boobies"? It's stupid and unrelated to their showing off their bodies post.

So they're just using people for attention to get internet famous. No respect. I guess it's capitalism.

It only works because of their revealing bodies. Their captions are stupid and unrelated.

• D50

I think they're doing the equivalent of "humble bragging"'; "Oh, I'm so un-self-conscious that it never crossed my mind that this is pornography."

To boost the post (more comments, more exposure) Why are you so bothered lol it’s obviously doing it’s job if you’re thinking so much about it. It’s because you’ve seen it, because of the amount of comments 

They want to let people know they are not superficial. When in fact, they look idiot. 

well you're obviously taking time out of your day to notice them so obviously whatever they're doing is working

They do that to make the post more "hot". Saying these are my boobies make them look cheap and regular. It's all about the aesthetics and how they present themselves. The Instagram culture is something that needs to be understood in depth and not just from a shallow view. It's not just about "look at my body and give me attention", it's about seduction and eye pinching. Also, they ask questions because that's a way to get commenters to comment, hence boosting their engagement levels and promoting them.