does anyone know of a good recipe for a light icing?

I love baking and cake decorating. I want to make something for my sister and unfortunately she hates frosting or icing. I’ve  tried using whip cream and cream cheese frosting instead but she doesn’t like either of them. I’m thinking about trying a buttercream frosting but i’m worried it might be too heavy for her. Are there any other options out there? 

Shop enamel cookware online https://bitly.com/3pHzH1t

Glace icing is the lightest one.

It's simply icing sugar / confectioners sugar mixed with water or fruit juice.

But remember there are PLENTY of cake recipes out there that don't require icing or frosting

ISIS = ISRAELI SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE = daughter of MOSSAD.

AL QAEDA = daughter of CIA.

Next false flag (in order to attack Iran) = STATUE OF LIBERTY.

9/11 and Statue of Liberty false flags were predicted by saint healer prophet VYACHESLAV  KRASHENINNIKOV (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL).

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's); reject all vaccines, tests, temperature scans, etc.; forgive me.

confectioners sugar ans butter makes a light icing.About a tablespoon of butter and just add the sugar until you have the right amount made.

• denise

Just water icing, with icing sugar and water, or I make a light one for a pound / madeira  cake by  mixing the icing sugar with lemon juice.

if she doesn't like icing, don't make any icing on your baked goods. You might try a real thin glaze but thats still icing and you just said she hates it.....

Do you think she would like a very light icing made of confectioner's sugar and milk? It should be thin enough to pour freely over the baked goods and lightly color the surface. Not very pretty, but it might be to her taste.

As a person who also hates icing, I'd suggest a sugar glaze, instead. Even a 'light' frosting would put me off.   However, I also dislike cake, unless it's heavy and moist, like a carrot cake, in which case I DO love a cream cheese frosting (not too sweet).  However, I always ask for a good fruit pie for my birthday, although I also enjoy most puff pastries, like a decadent eclair (but nobody likes to make those fresh except me.)

You could make a very thin glaze using confectioner's sugar, a bit of milk and vanilla flavoring.  Depending on the cake, you could use almond, lemon, orange, or some other flavoring.  

There used to be a boiled icing. I remember a friend's mother sent cake over, and my Mom went bananas over it because it had boiled icing.