Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Who do you think was a better band Nirvana or Metallica ?

I preferred Metallica.

• Audrey

Nirvana!               

• Shiloh

Are they even comparable? 

Is this a joke? Nirvana has a big cult following, but Metallica was much better. Even Load was better musically than anything Nirvana recorded. 

Variety is the spice of life. And I exist in a world where I don't need to choose between the two because I can enjoy both. Sometimes I'm in the mood to listen to Metallica, and other times I'm more in the mood to hear Nirvana. Obviously the members of Metallica are much better musicians and are capable of playing with much more technical ability, but Nirvana probably has greater mass appeal. Neither would make my top ten, but I own records released by both bands. I think it's a poor comparison really. 

Nirvana were trend setters and were decent lyrically. Metallica at one time was a great band. I think Metallica was clearly better. Dave and Kurt were not as good of musicians as James, Kirk or Cliff. Just a fact.