Paul asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Should my dentist pay for my new filling or crown/root canal.?

I got a filling a month ago, and I feel like it fell out. Not only do I think the filling fell out, I think the crown of my tooth caved in. Looking at Google, ill either need a new filling or a root canal paired with a crown. 

Am I expected to come out of pocket for this? I imagine if the filling failed after 4 or 5 weeks he did something wrong.

Don't self-diagnose using images on Google. Just call the Dentist.  Most dentists will repair or replace a filling or other dental work if it fails.  

They will usually do it for free. When you make an appointment make sure you let them know it's only been a few weeks and make it sound like you're complaining. My friend's dentist did something like that and they billed her insurance what they could but didn't make her pay the additional charges.