Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

The reason why I've gathered us here today was to reassure that we all consider ABBA to be better than Beatles. Do you agree or second that?

Of course there're some jokes intended but I do think that ABBA delivered more pleasant music than the Beatles. What about you?

@mouseky hehe I wouldn't either; dams are truly expensive! 

@anonymous You're changing the subject, I'm not talking about numbers of records, but about pleasure and joyfulness while listening to the songs.

@overall people Thanks for the answers; it is good to know that we still agree on that. ABBA is great :) 

• Petter

I second that. Absolutely nothing wrong with The Beatles, but ABBA works better for me.

They were good but not that good.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a dam what you think.  

I personally don't agree but we all have our own taste in music. I would also call neither of them shyte because they are two iconic bands whether you like them or not.

• Emdog

It's all a matter of taste, and voting on taste is not going to change mine or in any way "prove" one band is better than the other

No I don't agree. The Beatles have sold the most records of all time, between 500 million and 600 million. ABBA has sold between 100 million and 150 million. ABBA isn't even in the top ten list of most records sold, they're listed at #28.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling...

I absolutely agree, so glad I’m not alone in this. I’ve never really been a big fan of the Beatles, they just aren’t very musically creative, but Abba songs are all unique especially for their time. Yes, I admit that the Beatles were revolutionary in the conception of rock and pop music, but I personally find abba more lively and pleasant.