Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 month ago

Are pageants easy to win? What are the chances my daughter wins a couple majors and gets into Yale?

My daughter has a 3.8 HS gpa and wants to get into Yale she has a 660 verbal 640 math sat and wants to go to Yale.

She could maybe win some pageant titles, those are like easy awards to rack up, she already has an old prom dress from the junior prom she missed?

She has her talent maybe figured out as she used to sing a lot when she and her friends played rock band back when she was in middle school.

She also danced at middle school and high school dances and stuff.

She could enter to win the Ohio Star Ball where Yale students have won before, even Harvard Alums have won that. If she won she might be in the company of someone who could give her a recommendation letter that means something

She could go for Miss America and maybe have a ticket 🎫 to Yale?

What are her chances?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Unless your daughter has some exceptional work/volunteer experience and an absolutely perfect college essay, she's not getting into Yale with that GPA and those test scores, no matter how many pageant titles she wins. 

Chances are very low, but she should do the ball if she wants to. Don't have expectations about getting into Yale because of it though. 

And there's nothing wrong with non-Ivy league schools. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You think she is going to get into the Miss America pageant before she applies to universities? 

Not going to happen. Honestly those student who get into Yale have been planning it for years. They know exactly what it takes to have a chance to get in.

• Katy M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She's not getting into Yale with less than a 4.2.  Most applicants to the Ivies have 4.5 GPAs.  I don't think pageants are going to help.  She's also not going to win Miss America if she hasn't been on the pageant track for years.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.