Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is it normal to feel out of place in high school?  ?

I’m 17 and a senior.  High school went by so fast, and after I transferred to a new high school for 10th grade, I’ve only actually been there for 1.5 years since corona wiped out my junior year.  Now I’m half way through my last year of high school and I can’t help but feel sad.  I see all these movies about all the fun you have with your friends and boyfriends, but none of that really happened to me.  I have friends and we FaceTime a lot, but we don’t get to hangout much and I haven’t had a real boyfriend yet either.  I’ll be graduating in 6 months and although i got into college, I just feel like high school was this big blur.  I don’t have any significant memories to look back on that’ll make me happily cry because I feel like I didn’t have time to truly establish bonds with anybody.  Does anybody else feel like this?  

Yes.  It's normal.  Things should get better after more people get vaccinated.  Try praying, counting your blessings, and thinking good thoughts (Philippians 4:6-8.)  That helps me.  There are answers to life's problems in the Bible.  I recommend starting with the New Testament, Gospel of John first.  If you have never asked Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior, I urge you to do so.  He is a faithful friend. 

Yeah. Being young suuuuuuuuucks! Most people feel that way. Even plenty of them who pretend that they are confident.