Dawn asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can you develop anxiety?

I’m a 19 year old female and I’ve always been a nervous and unsure person, I wouldn’t say I had anxiety before but I did feel anxious occasionally, but I never wanted to belittle anyone with real anxiety so I never said I personally had it. Recently a coworker asked me something (about having a casual relationship with him) and ever since that point, a little over a week ago, I’ve felt more anxious for no real reason. Maybe it still because of the coworker situation, cause I haven’t given a straight answer yet, or a couple other things too, but I’ve noticed I fidget more or want to move around more and just felt more nervous, unsure, and anxious overall. Could I have developed clinical anxiety? Would it happen this fast over one issue or situation? Thanks for the help

It's sounds situational, not a true anxiety attack or developed anxiety. Few things you could do is to breathe deeply in & out and hold your breath for a count of five and exhale for a count of five when you feel that way. You could also drink green tea, and calm yourself with relaxing music. Finally, you could give the person an answer.