Dawn asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can you develop anxiety?

I’m a 19 year old female and I’ve always been a nervous and unsure person, I wouldn’t say I had anxiety before but I did feel anxious occasionally, but I never wanted to belittle anyone with real anxiety so I never said I personally had it. Recently a coworker asked me something (about having a casual relationship with him) and ever since that point, a little over a week ago, I’ve felt more anxious for no real reason. Maybe it still because of the coworker situation, cause I haven’t given a straight answer yet, or a couple other things too, but I’ve noticed I fidget more or want to move around more and just felt more nervous, unsure, and anxious overall. Could I have developed clinical anxiety? Would it happen this fast over one issue or situation? Thanks for the help

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It's sounds situational, not a true anxiety attack or developed anxiety. Few things you could do is to breathe deeply in & out and hold your breath for a count of five and exhale for a count of five when you feel that way. You could also drink green tea, and calm yourself with relaxing music. Finally, you could give the person an answer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.