Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

I'm embarrassed I ll bump into them?

I have a group of three people in dreading bumping into

It's an ex friend, my ex and his girlfriend

My ex friend and ex are really close but we're both quite horrible to me and my friends don't like them

I'm worried about bumping into them as my confidence is low and I don't feel my best.

I'm obsessively losing weight to try better myself atm but although that's happening I'm still not confident

Should I blank them if I see them? Or else what? 

Just ignore them like they weren't there.  Do not make eye contact.  They do not exist.

Just ignore them and pretend they dont exists. lol

• OTTO

You're worried they will criticize you overtly or covertly. It is good to have a plan before you do eventually bump into them. Unless you are trapped in an elevator, it is easy enough to wave from a distance, or if closer, to say you don't have time to talk. The less time you give them, the less injury they can do. And wish them all well in their pitiful lives.

• Kate

The only advice I can offer to you is to hold your head up. They don't know you are feeling insecure and lacking confidence. 

Stop obsessively trying to change for these people. Do you even like them? If not, why worry about losing weight for them? You are who you are. Don't blank them, smile, and realize they can't read your mind. If you project confidence that's what they'll notice. If you blank them they'll think you don't have the courage to acknowledge them. 

just try not to go to places where you know they might be there