How do I ask god to "reveal himself" to me?

I think i'm ready to move on from being Agnostic and to try to have a little faith in God.

• Carym

It starts and ends with faith.

“I believe, help Thou mine unbelief.” [Mark 9:24]

These words provide a suitable starting point for a beginner; he chose to believe, but then honestly admitted that he needed help to overcome his lack of confidence.

Here's a quick recap:

(1) When people heard of Christ;

(2) They believed;

(3) They repented of their sins;

(4) They confessed Christ to be the Son of God; and

(5) They were baptized for the remission of their sins.

God has already revealed himself.  He doesn't perform on command.  

The Bible’s answer You can get to know God personally by learning about him and taking steps to please him. God will then “draw close to you.” James 4:8 The Bible assures us that “he is not far off from each one of us.”  Acts 17:27.

Steps to knowing God:

Read the Bible All Scripture is inspired of God.” 2 Timothy 3:16.

Observe creation  “[God’s] invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward because they are perceived by the things made.”—Romans 1:20.

Use God’s name  “I will protect him because he knows my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him.” Psalm 91:14, 15.

Talk to Jehovah in prayer “Jehovah is near to all those calling on him.” Psalm 145:18.

Build faith in God  “Without faith it is impossible to please God well.”—Hebrews 11:6.

Do what pleases God “This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments.”—1 John 5:3.

Experience God’s care by applying his advice “By experience you will see that [God] is good.” Psalm 34:8.

Would you like to discuss a Bible topic with Jehovah’s Witnesses, or try out our free Bible study program?  I will send you a link to get you started please watch the video: https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/request-a...

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert: In many areas, we have suspended our in-person visits and public meetings. Please include your telephone number when you complete the  form and a Witness in your area will contact you.

Source(s): jw,org

Mal. 3&4 : Who can stand or live when He appears ?

Look around you and ask how all that is around you could be and the only answer is God. The best thing people can do is have faith by reason after all comprehensible answers have been asked the only answer left is God. Even disbelievers can't prove it wrong. 

What makes you so special that God has to prove himself to you?  You obviously are not ready to have faith because faith means believing without proof.  

The believers have said so many times that their god is too great or magnificent for a human to look upon.  Is there anything about the bible for which believers don't have an excuse? And BTW, who prays to something they do not believe in!?  LMAO!

All that God has created in nature discloses who He is. Our consciences (the human mind and heart) bear witness to the existence of God.

He reveals Himself to us through His Word and the person of Jesus Christ.

Paul said in Romans 1:19–20 that, ever since the creation of the world, God has made the knowledge of Himself evident to all people: “They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God”.

Humans can take in the beauty and splendor all around and recognize that these created things testify to the existence of God, who is the all-powerful maker of the universe. According to Paul, God has provided sufficient insight into His eternal power and divine attributes through creation so that no one can be excused for missing His existence.

According to Ecclesiastes 3:11, within the heart of every person God has planted a longing to know Him: “Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end”.

God has revealed Himself to us with the most clarity and detail in the person of Jesus Christ. He is the living, breathing, flesh-and-blood, human presentation of God: “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

Speaking of Jesus, John writes in his gospel: “No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart.

He has revealed God to us” (John 1:18). Paul told the Colossians, “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation” (Colossians 1:15).

And Jesus said to Philip, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!” (John 14:9).

• Paul

He is right there beside you, as He has always been. Just talk to Him.

• I don't know, but I can tell you what didn't work for me.

When I was a Christian I prayed every day, "God please show me whatever you want me to see in the way you want me to know it.  Open my eyes and give me the discernment to recognize you".

Then I waited for God to do something.

He never did a single thing.

After I realized that I might as well be asking Santa to bring me a christmas present, I prayed, "God, make me miserable without you."

He couldn't even be bothered to do that much.