Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

What’s a cool car for a teenager to own?

My parents are looking to get me a nice used car and our budget is probably $25,000 or so max. I don’t know a ton about cars, but I know I’d prefer to have a 6 cylinder engine (but 4 is fine also) that functions really well and will last a while. Any suggestions that would fit this criteria and would be something a teenager would like?

39 Answers

Relevance
  • Jensen
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

I'd recommend you to take a closer look at the Japanese vehicles, they're predictable, reliable and fun to drive.

• 1 month ago

If you want something cool, that's one thing. If you want something that is dependable, that's another world. Look for a Japanese 2 seater for cool, or a small sedan, like a Honda 5 speed Civic or Corolla for good economy and reliability. Corollas aren't such sporty drivers, but they run for ages with the least trouble. It'll see you though college and more. Start test driving cars to see what fits you.

• 1 month ago

Today is your lucky day kid...We just got in a 1978 LeCar, for exactly $25,000.

Surprise your friends, confuse your enemies by driving this beauty around town...

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A minivan for a spoiled kid is fine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

one that runs , is the best option , you must be rich or something .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A minivan for a spoiled kid is fine.

• 1 month ago

How about a Mazda Miata?  Get a red one.

• 1 month ago

There are dozens (hundreds?) of cars that meet your criteria. I suggest looking first at the Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. Then if you don't like those, move on to something that has more of what you want. You have to start somewhere to find out what you like and don't like. Right now, you seem to have no idea.

• Fin
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Personally, I like Jeeps - you can get a used, stock JL Wrangler 2 door that's only a couple years old, low miles for ~$19k.  Then there a slew of modifications you can add to it, customizing it to your style.

• 1 month ago

Hyundai Veloster.

I put 170,000 miles on mine before giving it to my son.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.