Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What breakfast can I make to store overnight in room temperature?

The temperature where I live is 17°C currently and the temperature decreases at night so what kind of breakfasts I can make that will stay good for 8/9 hours in room temperature? I do not want to wake up early to heat or cook breakfast I already have to get up really early for work. So which breakfasts can I make to store in room temperature overnight?

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Muffins or cornbread.

Bread that has been buttered or spread with jelly.

Fresh fruit.

You could grab a yogurt out of the fridge... no prep time.

Granola bar .

Trail mix.

I have can fruit, juice those are fast.

I have muffins

I start oats in bowl just heat in morning 

A banana, an apple

Granola, granola bars 

Just about any kind of muffin you like.

Yeah, make a good creamy cheesy pasta or spaghetti with meatballs. It's a perfect breakfast. 

Or baked mac n cheese.

Hard boiled eggs. Or make hash browns with eggs over easy.

Croissants / pastries. Bread. Jam / honey. Fruit (eg apple / banana, not prepped fruit like fruit salad)

You can't leave out cooked items (eg eggs), meat, cheese, dairy products etc. 

I used to make some kind of peanut butter & jelly sandwich, like on toast or a bagel, for the next day's breakfast. Egg sandwiches are pretty good cold. Or a yogurt plus fruit and nuts. (The yogurt isn't going to spoil in one night.)

• denise

Granola,  Overnight oats [in a lidded tub],  Baked muffins / croissants, [in a cloth covered basket].

I'd feel ok eating a yogurt or hard boiled egg that hadn't been refrigerated in 8 hours. 

Grab & go things like apple, banana, granola bar, protein shake...

I find it odd you don't have a refrigerator or microwave.  Or if you do, I find it odd you can't figure out how to put your breakfast in microwaveable single-serve dishes in the fridge and take 20 seconds to microwave it.

Cereal, a banana, bread, babybells if you take them out of the fridge the night before.  I've had early starts and I think you're not doing yourself any favours by not getting up early enough to fix yourself a five minute breakfast.  Better to wake up a little earlier and be fully awake in yourself and savour that special early morning silence than be flailing around before throwing yourself half awake into the cold and the dark.  The chance of having an accident is much higher when rushing out than getting an extra 5 - 10 minutes sleep is worth.  Why can't you microwave something whilst you get dressed?

I am so confused...do you not have a fridge? The vast majority of dishes, things like overnight French toast and casseroles, overnight oats, etc., need refrigeration so they don't spoil or don't become a snack for unwanted pests. Why can't you put things in the fridge? Many overnight things can either be taken out and put right in your bag, or heated in the oven for a few minutes.