Should there be article, THE in front of GOVIA TRIBE?
The tribe is GOVIA. Is it with the word THE or without? Please reply.
- RicoLv 62 weeks ago
The use of the definitive depends on how your using it in relation to the article.
- ♥Sweetness♥Lv 71 month ago
You need the word 'the'.
The tribe is the Govia Tribe.
It would sound better, though, if it were re-worded to something like:
The people were known as the Govia Tribe.
- UserLv 71 month ago
in front of a tribal name
you use the word "the".
- the tribe of Levi
- the Apache tribe
or even without the word "tribe"
- the Sioux found themselves in a difficult situation
- the Maori are famed as savage warriors
When you don't use "the"...
when the people of the tribe are being described collectively using the tribal name.
And note: in these cases "the" is OPTIONAL.
- Apache do not run. They fight!
- Maori are brave! Maori are strong!