stefan asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

How do people who have a cigar occasionally not get addicted?

I personally think most people that smoke tobacco PERIOD for the first time if they can stand it WILL usually get addicted.

Unless for some reason they just did not find it or don't find tobacco smoking all that appealing.

I believe it is all in the mind.

they probably do get addicted

Some people have really strong will power. And it also has to do with how they smoke it too. My a&p professor told the class your body turns on something that makes you addicted after the second cigarette which I'm guessing can also apply to cigars. But some people's bodies detox things so quickly it just doesn't affect them. I personally think it's mind over matter because I did smoke a cigarillo for a little while. And for two weeks I wanted to smoke them again, but then it just went away. Weird thing is, when I was younger I used to take my dad's cigars and I would smoke one every now and then  but never wanted to really smoke it again. It's not that I mean for my information to be conflicting, I just thought about it when I was writing this.

I don't think there's nicotine in cigars. I smoke little cigars (Cheyennes) and Black and Milds.