Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 3 months ago

If I eat a cereal with a high(ish) sugar content, then will it still be more filling if I added fruit to it?

Every time I've eaten cereal before it's always made me starving again very quickly afterwards, I bought some Shreddies yesterday to come with an online shop today, I know they're fairly high in sugar but according to a lot of people they're very filling too?

Either way, will they still be more filling with fruit?

My mother eats fruit n fibre which is high in fibre, comes with pieces of fruit in and is also high in sugar, yet she says that that fills her up, so I thought adding sugar would do the same for me.

Sorry, the above update should say "so I thought adding fruit would do the same for me"...

Sounds like filling isn't the issue; sustaining is.  You need the food to sustain you for a while.  Fruit isn't very likely to help with that.  If you want sustaining food, packaged cold cereal is not a good bet, no matter what you do to it.  But upping the protein and fat content might help.