Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Is it okay that I wanna walk myself down the aisle?

I do not want anyone else to walk me down my aisle, I wanna do it myself

I don't want my dad to do it, will it matter

Then why did you answer? lmao

That's literally not what I meant at all.

Not for me, I won't and it's best for me to keep certain people out of it. I'm keeping him out because we have no contact and no relationship since he decided to be a absent & uninvolved parent. 

• g

You can walk however you wish. No one has do escort you.

• GB

The best wedding I went to, was one where the bride and groom walked down the aisle together holding hands, as equal partners. I find the idea of the bride being given away from her original male owner (aka Father) to her new one (Husband) degrading. That was one of the reasons I got married in a register office, because in those days brides were not walked down the aisle or given away at civil ceremonies.

You can do whatever you wish, its YOUR wedding. However, you gave no explanation as to why you want to do it this way. Keep in mind that you will be leaving a trail of hurt feelings that will last forever.

• Trish

I believe you should do it if you're happy and comfortable with it.  I don't want my father to walk me down the aisle.  My FH wants to walk me down the aisle and I wanted my son to do it.  Now I have to decide if they both will.  I've known my FH since we were children and we are still together in our fifties.  He was there for me and my father wasn't.  My son has been here for me so I think they both will but my son will have to give me away.

Someone walking you down the aisle is just a traditional thing. It's your wedding, do what you want.

You're the one getting married, not your Papa. Of course you can walk down the aisle solo. 

• Kieth

That's just called walking.

I don't see why not, I bet it's been done before. 

i'm pretty sure no one cares

• CB

I'll walk you down the aisle - I am not all that bad (more tongue in cheek here) and old enough to be your father. Any friend would work, a cousin, any usher, elope.....it's all good.