I see a good nucleus in the United side, Ole clearly ain't no chump and is forging a side that may eventually win the league ?

this season is a sneak preview of what to expect in the seasons to come I feel.

The nucleus is good,  Pogba is looking good again  but not exceptional but that can change slowly as season wears on.  Fernandes is class and is a game changer and showed his threat against us today, Rashford linking up well with them both - Fred also showed us a glimpse of what he can do and also back four of United looked pretty decent to me today I thought.

In order to further improve this United side,  where would Ole need to consider strengthening his starting XI ? 

or is this question too premature and do we need to allow this current side to play out the entire season to decide who gets replaced by supposedly a better player ?

I think we need better quality up front.

Rashford CANNOT finish one clear-cut chance without wasting 5-6 of them.

Martial doesn't get as many chances to play centrally either, but his finishing isn't good enough either.

Both of their finishing abilities are far too inconsistent for them to be first choice strikers at this club.

Then, we have Cavani and whilst he did make an impact against Southampton and I were really hoping we'd bring him in anyway, he'll more than likely need more game time to find a run of form, because he has looked off it, in at least one start this season, though I can't remember how many games he's started.

Ultimately, whilst I'm happy we didn't go into this season short handed, by not signing a striker at all, he's not a long term option and we need a new striker and probably a new RW too, because James is no where near good enough, makes Martial and Rashford seem decent, because at least they can dribble.

Greenwood is still a kid, so whilst we have a lot of options, none of them are good enough, at least in terms of form.

Ultimately, we need more depth in attack and a new CB was being considered signing, especially given Bailly's injury issues and the Lindelof-Maguire partnership being brought under question, so maybe we can't be too sure with that, if given the opportunity to improve it.

Left back look fine so far and Luke Shaw has definitely upped his game since Telles started and did look good for us, but with Dalot out of loan, I think we've only got Wan-Bissaka as our only option, so if Dalot returns and stays, then we may not need another option, otherwise, we'll probably need another option too.

Source(s): Man Utd fan.

Yeah. It’s pretty surprising we can reach top spot. But let’s see if it’s short-lived or not.