Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

How come Tom Brady (6 SB rings and multiple SB MVP and NFL MVP awards) makes $5 million less than Russell Wilson (0 SB MVP and 0 NFL MVP)?

1. Seattle has a stupid front office

2. Russell Wilson is a money grubbing, overrated QB

3. all of the above.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You get paid for what people believe you will do if they manage to retain you, and only to the extent necessary to retain you, not for what you've done except as evidence of what you might do again.

• 1 month ago

Because Brady didn't need the money and was willing to take a bit less to have a better team around him.

• 1 month ago

Number 2.                

• 1 month ago

Brady has designed his contracts so that the team could afford other players so he could win rings.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wilson is very overrated.  

• Nick
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Because Wilson is 10 years younger and in sports contracts you pay people for what you think they are about to do, not what they have already done.

I would ad that Brady makes tons more in endorsements, because endorsements are for what you have already done.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wilson and Seattle are out of the playoffs. Brady and Tampa Bay are playing this weekend. Wilson is just plain overpaid. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Super Bowls are a team stat you moron. 

• 1 month ago

Each player sets their own contract.If Brady is happy with what he is getting who is to say it is wrong.

• 1 month ago

Brady is near the end of his career so he’s not going to get paid like someone who’s in his prime.  Brady is 43 while Wilson is 32. If I were the manager, I would keep Wilson since he can still play at a high level for at least 5 more years. Brady can play for maybe 1,2 more years. 

Brady probably took a pay cut so that the bucs can sign gronk and a few other players to help him. 

In sports, age is what determines your salary more than anything else. Look at Prescott. Mediocre player at best but he’s nearing his prime so Dallas will overpay. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.