What is the plug next to the coolant plug on a 1995 F-350 diesel?

When I was replacing the antifreeze / coolant I accidentally pulled this plug and I can't find out what it is from anywhere to fix it I just need the name of a liquid so I can look up how to fix it and buy the liquid that I need

Thanks for the help guys it was the transmission fluid Thank you

• ?

That is transmission fluid - the radiator acts as an engine coolant cooler and transmission fluid cooler. 

That doesn't even look like an engine or vehicle.  It looks like ATF.

I am wondering if it is for draining the transmission cooler which is some vehicles is actually in the bottom of the radiator using the cooler radiator fluid from the bottom of the radiator to cool the transmission cooler..  Check both your coolant and your transmission oil levels and see it the transmission oil has dropped down.  From the photo it does look like transmission fluid.  If you have an owners manual perhaps checking if they show how to drain the transmission fluid as it may show you the thing you opened.

• Ron

Someone disconnected the tranny cooling lines from the radiator and capped it.

That doesn't look like a plug. It looks like a fitting for a transmission cooler line to hook up to. Do a search on youtube to verify what it is. That sure looks like ATF dripping from it.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech