Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

How to reassure him that I am serious and in it for the long haul?

I am in a situation with a guy I really like.. I think I love him. He is scared of getting hurt and although he has been very expressive and keen in the past, because we couldn't be together and I ended things he is cautious this time around - which I totally get. Basically we dated for a short time, we were really into each other but I had to move away and so I ended things before things got serious between us. In doing so, he felt that I didn't care about him but I did. I know it doesn't make sense but I ended things because the prospect of a long distance relationship made me worry I would fall in love with him and things wouldn't work and we would both get hurt. I thought I was protecting both of us. I know he was genuine and we had something really good together. We both living in the same city now and are dating each other again. We both want a future together. He says he wants me to prove my feelings for him and that he is serious about me but he worries that I may leave him again. I am not going anywhere and I am 100% committed to him even though it's the early stages, we have some history and my feelings haven't changed. What can I do to show him I am serious and reassure him without it becoming me doing all the work, obviously relationships should have equal effort made. He talks about the future a lot and things we can do together. I agree with what he says but as someone who isn't pushy I guess I don't really initiate those convos. He wants me to make amends

pf??????????????