Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

What can be causing my chest pains?

I had an ekg and a echocardiogram done and came back normal. I also, was short of breath for a few weeks before the chest pain started. My doctor thinks i may have been depressed but i looked up some of the symptoms online and it can also be a pulmonary embolism. Im a little worried it might have been that. Should i go back to the doctor and ask for more tests?

If it makes your heart beat very fast it is a panic attack. I just went to the dr and cardiologist for chest pain, what it ended up being was a problem with the bottom of my esophagus not opening and closing correctly , so then the stomach acid pains me in my left breast and sometimes in my ribs. If it gets worse when you lie down it is heartburn which is similar to what I got. ...As for you Dr.....that seems very likely as well, depression can cause pain just about anywhere. Embolisims usually last a month before it erupts I think.....I would had guessed cancer before an embolism....esp lung cancer Good luck 

• kelvin

anxiety or panic attacks

• Hi there! So since I don't know your age or your medical background I can't give you a really solid answer but I can give you a really educated guess at what's causing your chest pains and shortness of breath! My guess since the ekg was normal is that it's only anxiety and panic attacks. Though anxiety and panic attacks feel horrible they're harmless though they sometimes don't feel like it. Your heart and lungs sound fine. Using process of elimination, I'd say it's simply anxiety and you have nothing to be concerned about with your physical health. 

Dr. Google should never  be consulted. For one thing, you don't know how old that

information is, & secondly; you don't know if the writer is qualified or not. If you want to look something up, go to the Mayo Clinic, or the New England Journal of

Medicine. The best source of all is your own doctor.

Make funeral arrangements. 

• Tavy

Embolisms don't come and go, they are a blood clot and your lungs would have been tested.

I’m glad you’re asking us instead of a doctor.

• Fantom

Your brief foray online supersedes the years of experience your doctors has gained through training and study. You should fire your so-called doctor. He is a quack.

Don't ever look up your symptoms online as it'll lead you down a rabbit hole that'll end up driving you nuts. Talk to your doctor, make sure you're clear about all your symptoms and everything so that they can give you an accurate diagnoses and decide what is best to do. Just listen to them and do what they say. There's no harm in you asking questions and seeing if more tests are necessary, but chances are they won't want to waste anyone's time by sending you to do things you don't need done.