Will i still get a W-2 if i never picked up my only paycheck from a company?

i never got to pick up my check due to personal reasons, i know they surdered it to the state but im trying to see if ill get my w-2 from working there. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You sure will.  The company has to have ALL W-2's in the mail by January 31st for 2020.

• 1 month ago

Yes, the employer will issue you a W2 form and mail it to the last known address they have in their records for you, on or before January 31st.

There may be an option to pick up the form in person or access it online, but if all else fails they mail it so that they have fulfilled their legal obligations.

You are required to include it on your tax return even if you never picked up your paycheck and haven't claimed the money from the state yet.

• 2 months ago

Getting your W2 has nothing to do with whether or not you picked up your paycheck. Yes, you should get one--and if you don't, you need to contact them and ask for it. 

• 2 months ago

As this was money you had earned and the paycheck was written and available to you, you will be getting a W2. The check should have not been turned over to the state as uncollecable yet as it takes a year or two for this to happen depending on which state you're in. It's probably still there if you wish to pick it up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

NO, they DID NOT turn over to check to the state. That only happens if the funds are unclaimed for several years, long past the deadline for a W-2.

• 2 months ago

You should.  You should also contact the state and ask for the money.

• 2 months ago

Yes, and even if you don't get the W-2, you still have to pay tax on the money that you earned and didn't pick up.

• 2 months ago

Yes, you will get it, because you had income from working there.  If you don't want your money, that's your business.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes you will,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You will get a W-2

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.