Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Seniors, How do you feel that most of your life is behind you, and that your body can no longer do the fun things you used to be able to do?

I find that my mind can still do a lot of the fun things I used to do!  

This is a very exciting time in the world, with all sorts of conflicts and possibilities for the future.  I don't want to quit watching!  

• Emdog

"It is what it is" to use that overworked phrase. I feel somewhat sorry for the younger generations chasing after bright shiny objects, fame, status, whatever. Getting creaky is something of a warning to separate the important from the foolish in final years

• ?

I do frequently get angry that I now have enough money to enjoy the really fun things, but I'm too old to do them.  I'd really enjoy a mistress. My girlfriend is about all that I can keep up with, most of the time. I'd like to go sprint car racing, full time, but the travel and hours are too much at my age. Not to mention, how much it hurts when you crash. What used to be "race track rheumatism" the next day, will be weeks of convalescence now. My body has betrayed me.

At thirty roughly I/2.5 of natural living behind me zxjqk

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

Unless we find a way to live to be hundreds of years old (which I would not wish to happen anyway) we will find our bodies wearing out as we become older.  It is the most natural thing in the world for living creatures to be born and, eventually, to die. All life forms have a certain limited lifespan and, apart form some elephants, humans seem to have the longest lifespan.  Barring accidents and killer diseases, most humans will die between being approximately 75 and 100 years old.  I have now passed the 75 mark and my mother almost reached the 100 mark. God will decide who goes when.  Just be ready for when He calls. 

Those of us who believe that whatever comes after THIS life is going to be better then what is there to fear?

I'm glad it's almost over and I'll be rejoicing soon  with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,  in heaven.  

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)

I often find old age pretty depressing.  On the other hand, riding my recumbent tricycle restores some of my youth.

There's not a darned thing I can do about it.  I do new fun things.

• kswck2

The body breaking down is the natural progression of age. I am more sorry for those friends of mine that i have lost to diseases or health issues like heart attacks, drug overdoes, etc. In that respect, I am rather lucky. 

• Ivan

I feel like the transgender people; there is a young and strong man trapped in this old man's weakened body!