Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Are planes just more faster than trains?

so I remember I went to washington state seattle by public amtrack train and that took about 2 in a half days to get there, a month later i was talki g this british guy online he said he went to colorado usa from uk by airplane and said it was half less about 12 hours then i would from traveling from cali to washington, so im just wondering how one can travel from europe to america faster than a train ride going to another state.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

And planes travel faster than trains. ... On the way there, airport security lines can be long and stressful, and that recommended (if not ridiculous) two-hour pre-flight arrival adds significant travel time; not to mention the journey to the airport via bus, train or car and airport parking fees!

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"More faster"?  Troll English good speak!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All I can say is that it is faster to travel by plane to Europe then by train. Glug glug

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you don't know now troll you never will 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joseph
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, the planes are faster than trains.  Amtrak Acela high speed trains, the highest speed trains in the US, achieve the speeds of 150 miles per hour, and that's only on one section of the Northeast Corridor.  Most of Amtrak's non-high speed trains travel at more pedestrian 60 to 80 miles per hour and making frequent stops.  Since the passenger trains use freight railroads' trackage, they often get stuck behind the local freight jobs picking up and dropping off cars at customers' sidings.

Then, there is also a limit of how steep a climb can trains make.  Therefore, the rail lines usually don't take the most direct route between two points but the less steep more circuitous route.

As a comparison, a 747-8 cruises at about 600 miles per hour and flying high above the terrain can take a more direct course to its destination.

• 1 month ago

Airplanes are much faster than trains.

• 1 month ago

You mean, "two AND a half days", not "two IN a half days".

Amtrak is notoriously slow. Long distance trains in other countries are faster and more efficient.

But don't forget that the British guy who flew from the UK to Colorado had to get to the airport in the UK first - maybe that took him a couple of hours  - and he probably spent three or four hours at the airport before he even boarded the plane.

But I do wonder how someone old enough to use the Internet seems not to know the simplest facts about different forms of travel. OF COURSE planes are faster than trains. MUCH faster.

• 2 months ago

Yes, planes are faster. A lot faster.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

PLEASE don't use " more " in front of faster. 3 year old children do that. trains travel at 120 mph- planes 450 mph. 

• Lv 4
    2 months ago

I'd say the fastest plane is about six times faster than the fastest train, so yeah.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.